- Lifestyle 8 :6 Roster
- Residential opportunity for Karratha & Dampier residents
- Ongoing positions for the right candidate
About our Client
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
Our client Rio Tinto are currently seeking maintainers of all skill and experience levels for an immediate start at their 7 Mile Rail Facility, you will be based in the Rolling Stock Maintenance Workshop.
We encourage motivated candidates with a proactive attitude and a focus on safety to apply. Full training will be provided in the role and candidates with minimal experience will be considered, if you are looking to gain experience within the Rail Industry and willing to learn then apply below.
In this role, you will be servicing, diagnosing defects and competently repairing Pooled Fleet which includes :
- Replacing Wheelset's as required using automated equipment
- Assembling/disassembling and replacing Draft Gears, Couplers and other Draw gear components
- Testing, diagnosing faults and repairing brake systems
- Repairing wagon structural body damage
- Shunting wagons within workshop yard
- Operate Yard Drop tables
Skills & Experience
- Valid C Class Drivers Licence (minimum)
- Forklift Licence
- Ability to pass a Category 1 Rail Medical
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Relevant Trade Certificate (preferred)
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
Click onto the apply button. For more information contact:
- Jessica Cristiano - Recruitment Coordinator
- Phone contac t: (08) 9201 6260
- WorkPac - Mining
- Reference no. TMPRIJ202271799
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.