Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Silver Bell Mine
Site Location: Marana, US-AZ, 85653
The ISO Management Representative will be part of a team responsible for the planning, and implementation of the ASARCO’s Integrated Management System, with main responsibilities for the ongoing monitoring and maintenance of that system. This is a site-specific field position but will include supporting our other operations in Arizona as required. The ISO Management Representative will report to the ISO Project Manager and work with all levels of management throughout the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring phases of the system.
- Assist the ISO team with the implementation, certification, and ongoing maintenance of the ISO Integrated Management System for environmental, occupational health & safety, and risk management.
- Ensuring the management system is established, documented, implemented, and maintained in accordance with ISO requirements.
- Managing and coordinating the preparation, review, and approval of the annual management review to ensure the system remains compliant with applicable legal and ISO requirements.
- Establishing, improving, and modifying management system processes as needed to remain compliant with ISO and legal requirements. OIS System Manager.
- Ensures that incidents resulting in personnel injuries or environmental releases are properly investigated, with root causes analysis and reported in accordance with company and legal requirements.
- Providing reports, including statistical data on management system performance, established objective, key performance indicators and the site occupational health and safety data, which is used as a basis for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of the management system and legal requirements throughout the site.
- Ensure that the management system performance is assessed at periodic intervals through planned and systematic reviews and annual audits and reporting the results to the General Manager and the corporate safety and environmental managers.
- Ensure that the sites risk management program and emergency response plans remain current and active.
- Establishing, documenting, implementing, maintaining, measuring, and monitoring activities associated with assigned elements of the Integrated Management System.
- Coordinate, conduct, and assist with ISO training.
- Ensure that the company’s ISO compliance activities and processes are effectively deployed in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Conduct regular ISO audits to ensure compliance and identify standards that require attention.
- Provide regular implementation updates on the progress of ISO.
- Support the implementation of the HSE Informational Management software.
- Other assignments related to HSE as directed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- ISO 14001 and 45001 experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant HSE field or five years of relevant experience in safety or environmental services.
- Prior experience in the mining industry would be highly advantageous.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function and excel in a multi-project/multi-discipline environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver required results in a timely manner.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, EXCEL.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match.