Role: Manager Accounting (SYSCHOHADA)
Base location: Etoile, Democratic Republic of the Congo
The successful candidate will be responsible to for design, development and implementation of costing systems / standard operating procedures (SOPs) to achieve effective and efficient use of the resources of the Company.
The candidate must ensure that the costs incurred are aligned with the overall business strategy of the Company and shall have expertise in managing a wide spectrum of activities relating to accounting control systems and procedures, reconciliations and management information systems.
- Working with the respective discipline business units and departments, prepare, coordinate, review and consolidate annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure accuracy of all information recorded in the accounting books.
- Coordinate and manage the audit of the OHADA accounts within the timeframes set by the Group and regulatory requirements
- Working with the Risk Management, ensure regular review and update of the risk register
- Monitoring and control of budgets and proactively engaging business unit heads to ensure effective cost and revenue management
- Develop, update and monitor compliance to the system of internal controls approved by management and actively identifying improvements to the overall system of control
- Provide, on a timely basis, comprehensive cost reports to business units and departments, including detailed variance analysis
- Working with stores ensuring accuracy and timely valuation of inventory
- Providing reconciliation between OHADA and IFRS
- Staff training and development
- Ensure comprehensive of the Fixed Assets Register is maintained
- Ensure analysis and reconciliation, on a monthly and timely basis, of all income and balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of the annual financial statements in accordance with Local GAAP (OHADA);
- Ensuring timely payment of all suppliers and collection of all receivables;
- Preparation of detailed cash flow forecasts
- Working with the Tax Manager, ensure preparation and review and submission of all tax submissions within the regulatory timelines
- Maintaining and updating the OHADA Chart of Accounts
- Enforce compliance to the Company’s delegation of authority (Approval’s Framework)
- Ensure timely opening and liquidation of all licenses
- Preparation of the annual life of mines.
- Prepare and present comprehensive business cases for improvement projects
- Keep abreast changes in OHADA accounting law and preparing position papers for approval by the Finance Director
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 15 years in Management Accounts of which at least 5 must be at a management level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the mining industry
- A thorough understanding of accounting principles under OHADA.
- Membership with the Professional Accounting body or international equivalent.
- Analytical skills
- French proficiency is highly advantageous
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- The ability to liaise with non-finance staff and drive change.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to motivate, lead and empower others to high levels of performance.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- A high standard of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice.