Manager Operational Readiness
- Patagonia, AZ, United States
- Closing date
- Aug 9, 2022
- Construction, Technicians
- Work Term
- Work Load
- Full Time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining, South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment, infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Hermosa Project site near Patagonia, Arizona
The role is essential to the overall success of the organization by managing and coordinating all operational readiness activities. Manage operational readiness staff, contribute to and create study related work products. Laisse with departments to ensure appropriate collaboration is achieved. Collaborate and coordinate with all affected departments. Ensure proper development of all records/documents/videos, including appropriate permanent documentation. Establish processes, tools, and tracking/reporting mechanisms to streamline and simplify readiness and handover to operations.
Accountabilities ( Include but are not limited to) :
- Analysis and definition of the scope of operations/change to operations
- Development of Operations Breakdown Structure classifying business processes, people/skills requirements and technologies to support (including governance, permits, legislation related to all of these)
- Integration/alignment with Project Construction (including key elements of procurement e.g. support vehicles, supplies, logistics, and commissioning)
- Detailed Schedule and Estimate for ORP (specific focus on lead time to have resources fully prepared to operate and maintain all aspects of the project)
- Change Management
- Records, data and document hand-over
- Records, data and document management
- Alignment on roles and responsibilities within the Operational Readiness team and with key stakeholders required to ensure effective operational ramp-up e.g. Construction and Commissioning teams, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Future Operations Management, Communities, Workforce, etc.
- Detailed Operational Breakdown structure communicated and agreed
- Per area KPIs defined and agreed and aligned with stated production/operational goals.
- In partnership with Project Controls, baseline detailed schedule of all activities directly related to ramp-up of production (incl. basis, uncertainties and contingency)
- Baseline detailed estimate of all materials and work to be performed directly related to ramp-up of production
- Effective communication plan between key stakeholders (i.e. Project and future operations) to ensure efficient change management when required
- Analysis and interpretation of root cause of variance
- Remedial actions to rectify or alternatively substantiated forecasted impact to the project
- Effective leadership and management of a cross-functional team to ensure efficient ramp up of productions against objectives as defined in the project
Qualifications, Skills, and Expertise:
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Science preferred), with graduate education a plus
- Construction and contractormanagement
- Risk management
- Strong collaboration and influence skills with the ability to coach and develop others
- Attention to detail
- Ability to self-start and work in a fast-paced environment and create clarity during times of uncertainty
- Eight (8) or more years managing operational readiness in major capital projects with preference given to those with direct mining experience
- Mining and/or Process Operations strongly preferred
- Construction/Engineering Project Management environment strongly preferred
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Nearest Major Market: Nogales
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Our commodities can be found in nearly every aspect of our lives. They power our homes, start our cars, build our roads, bridges, skyscrapers and hospitals and even make our coins and jewelry.
We invest in exploration activities inside and outside of our portfolio, helping us to keep growing and diversifying. Our exploration activities are carefully selected to have a high chance of success and are spread around the world, including places we have not operated in before.
We attract people with exceptional skills, who share our values and want to make a difference with the work they do. As part of our team, you will be brave enough to challenge yourself to be the best in what you do. We will help you stretch your capabilities, challenging you to constantly seek better ways to do things and taking advantage of every opportunity to let your career flourish.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert