This position will be located in Arequipa, Peru.
Provide innovative personal instruction to students in Grades KG-8. Additional responsibilities:
- Teaching Techniques: Plans strategies and objectives to meet STEAM curriculum requirements, which includes developing and preparing lesson plans for effective instruction of the curriculum.
- Knowledge of current STEAM trends including: Lego Mindstorm Robotics, Arduino, Coding, and 3d Printing.
- Coaching of the SENA Lego League Robotics team.
- Motivation of Students: Engages students in the learning process and set expectations. Conducts effective instruction based on the school standards and requirements.
- Develops and administers an effective assessment to evaluate the students' achievements based on the curriculum, school standards, and established requirements.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, teachers, and head teacher/administrators.
- Provides and delivers effective reporting to parents of students' development to ensure parents are adequately informed.
- Classroom Management: Manages student behavior effectively to allow learning process.
- Support for and Co-operation with Colleagues: Commits to assisting coworkers in improving learning and teaching techniques including the integration of STEAM skills into core classroom subjects, the administration of the school Google Classroom suite, and the development of appropriate professional development for staff in the field of educational technology.
- Contribution to Wider School Activities: Helps foster school's relationship with community and parents and develops school wide STEAM themed events for students and community.
- Implements and contributes to the implementation of safety and environmental procedures during the learning process including cyber safety for all students and staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and/or complemented with a current teaching certificate
- Highly competent in knowledge relevant to the approved curriculum
- Master's degree from an accredited university and/or complemented with a current teaching certificate
- Current K-8 Multiple Subject teaching certificate
- Experience coaching an Elementary, Middle School or High School First Lego League Team
- Teaching or after school coaching experience directly related to robotics, coding, Arduino or other technology content
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits : Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer