Project Accountant - Melbourne CBD
Apply now Job ID:
593266 Job type:
Full Time - Permanent Location:
Finance & Payroll
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years' experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail and Transit Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our team in Collins Street - Melbourne.
You will be part of an organisation that employs over 53,000 employees' in Australia and New Zealand as a leading provider of integrated services across diverse markets such as Rail, Transport, Telecommunications, Utilities, Renewables, Engineering, Construction, Industrial Services, Mining, Defence and a leading Facilities Management service provider in health, catering, and education.
We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
Our Rail & Transit Systems (RTS) business provides a range of end to end, innovative transport solutions including:
- Rolling Stock Design & Manufacture
- Rolling Stock System Integration
- Fleet Through Life Support Services
- Public Transport Operations
Some of our flagship projects include the New Generation Rolling Stock in Queensland, High Capacity Metro Trains in Victoria and the Sydney Growth Trains in New South Wales..About the role
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager - Victoria, this position will business partner the project team via strong financial management and business insights. It will also be a key contributor to the wider Finance team. This position will have primary responsibility for the financial management of the Project Forecast Cost At Completion (FCAC) model, profit & loss, forecasts and budgets, financial modelling and analysis.
The purpose of this position is to partner with the project team to deliver optimised business performance, whilst ensuring achievement of Downer's Zero Harm goals. The below listed role purpose and accountabilities are key requirements that may change in line with business needs.About you
What we offer
- Tertiary level qualifications in accounting or commerce.
- At least 3 years' experience in financial / management accounting in a medium sized commercial operation or a major accountancy firm.
- Project planning; organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts' terms and legislation provisions.
- Developed financial planning and budgeting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A highly supportive, team environment.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support.
- An opportunity to work with an ASX Listed Company
- Full time permanent role based in our Melbourne CBD office
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies .