Engineer Electrical & Control Systems - Paraburdoo - FIFO ex Perth 8 days on, 6 days off
* Work with a company where you will be recognised for your contribution and your hard work
* Join a dynamic multi-disciplined team of technical experts who are truly passionate about what they do and extend your technical expertise.
* Continue to build your career with opportunities for future advancement About the roleAll progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are currently looking for an Electrical & Control Systems Engineer
to join our Paraburdoo
team. This unique role will provide you with the chance to really excel in your career and extend your technical expertise whilst working within a multitude of electrical and control systems assets.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, you will:
- Provide technical support and solutions to maintenance teams / fault finding and repair
- Provide support to projects in order to reduce HSEQ risk, improve plant performance and reduce business costs
- Work on Electrical and Control Systems including LV distribution and Motor Control, electrical protection, variable speed drives, production networks and server infrastructure, PLC, HMI etc
- Implement DE/HVI (High value initiative) improvements to control systems and electrical assets in region
- Develop and update operational, maintenance procedures and recovery plans to minimise business interruption due to equipment failure
- Execute machine protection and safety related control system audits
- Monitor and maintain advanced control system schemes
- Develop and maintain electrical and control systems asset registers and implement Asset Life Cycle plans
- Ensure compliance to RTIO standards and industry best practice, and sustainability of changes through first party assurance and governance of site electrical and control systems engineering processes
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Perth, Western Australia and will be offered on a fly in, fly out roster of 8 days on site, 6 days off.
Rio Tinto offers fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.What you'll bring
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering
- Working knowledge of key electrical Australian standards
- Experience in the interpretation and development of technical documents (such as engineering drawings, scope of works, functional specifications, procedures and commissioning plans)
- Demonstrated competency in equipment failure investigations and root cause analysis processes
- 'C' class driver's licence
In addition, the following skills and experience will be highly regarded
What we offer
- Electrical protection
- Variable Speed Drives
- PLC and SCADA configuration
- HV switchgear and functional safety
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
About Rio Tinto
- A supportive and inclusive community environment
- A dynamic multi-disciplined team of technical experts who are truly passionate about what they do to support, share and extend your technical expertise.
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive salary package reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive employee share scheme, extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options, and exclusive employee discount schemes
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.Applications close 30 June 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).