About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent West Cliff Coal Preparation Plant (WCCPP), the maintenance coordinator is required for planning, scheduling, supervising and optimising maintenance activities. As part of the maintenance team, this role may also be required to support the regular non-shutdown maintenance planning and execution requirements. Main accountabilities include
- Develop and contribute to the maintenance planning cycle for routine and shutdown maintenance activities
- Create and plan work orders to ensure the safe execution of maintenance tasks.
- Build and communicate accurate shutdown work schedules reflecting all work management activities.
- Lead the maintenance team and contract partners to complete planned shutdowns on time and budget.
- Supervise contractors and site-based execution resources during shutdowns and conduct safety and quality of work verifications during shutdowns.
- Participate in equipment strategy reviews and failure analysis.
- Encourage team members to drive effective hazard and risk identification, reporting and investigation to reduce incidents and injuries.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in a relevant maintenance engineering field, or a Trade certificate with relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to contribute, influence and make decisions within multi-functional teams.
- Experience working in similar role within Heavy Industry or Fixed Plant operation, (preference for coal mining or coal processing)
- Supervisory and Contractor Management experience
- Planning experience with strong SAP skills
The positions will be based at our Appin operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney. About Illawarra Metallurgical Coal
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain. Our culture
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications for this job will close on Wednesday 17th August 2022.