Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
Thiess is currently seeking our next Asset Estimating Specialist
to join the Asset Estimating team based at our head office in South Brisbane. This role provides maintenance professionals the opportunity to develop their asset management skills and knowledge in a supportive, exciting and collaborative work environment. As an Asset Estimating Specialist, you will work with business development and other asset management and operations teams to deliver quality solutions and estimates for our current and prospective project opportunities.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing plant rates and maintenance cost estimates for tenders
- Carrying out periodic adjustments of plant rates on existing projects for break-even result
- Analysing project costs for monthly result reviews and tender benchmarking
- Completing asset life reviews considering operating costs, major component cycles, ownership costs and overhaul requirements
- Providing input into asset selection for new work based on idle or new fleet availability, considering productivity, reliability and cost
- Developing workshop infrastructure specifications and requirements in respect to tooling and support equipment
What Thiess can do for you
- You will be self-motivated with a desire to continuously develop and improve your skill set
- Relevant tertiary or trade qualifications
- 1- 3+ years' experience in an operational role heavy mobile equipment maintenance (preferred)
- An awareness and understanding of operational maintenance requirements
- Experience using JDE or similiar computerised maintenance management systems
- Proficiencies in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged. How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.