Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.Our Team:
The Coleman Mine Team is integral to the success of the operation in becoming a safe, predictable, and reliable producer. The teamwork across the mine is to ensure success through enhanced planning and scheduling processes and provide our employees the ability to identify and resolve work conflicts before they occur. Coleman Mine, it\u2019s worth the drive.The Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Maintenance
to join our Mobile Team
at Coleman Mine
in Sudbury, Ontario.
As a Supervisor, Maintenance, you will be accountable for continuously improving the work team (crew) performance through effective use of established processes and procedures at various plants or mines within the Sudbury area. In this position you will:
- Adhere to maintenance business processes as outlined in Maintenance Planning and Control (MPC) by using approved systems (SAP, Prometheus, etc.), tools and standards.
- Establish and maintain work relationships with the various key plant stakeholders including supervisors, Planners, schedulers, superintendents, crew members, etc.
- Review and promote/reject all new Urgent notifications into your work center through the group approval process.
- Work within assigned budgets and escalate to management should a budget be exceeded.
- Identify and escalate all critical issues that threaten the successful execution of work orders for completion by their Required End Date.
- Monitor KPIs and actively strive toward plant targets.
- This should be the foundation of the role supervise which requires: Holding the crew accountable for safe behavior, housekeeping, teamwork and professionalism.
- Ensure planned work orders are closed with proper time confirmations completed.
- Work within budget, guidelines and standards.
- Work with crew to develop an interactive workplace environment.
- College diploma in Heavy Duty Equip Tech Trade
- Trade certificate
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Experience in the mining environment with heavy duty equipment maintenance would be an asset.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office and related software products.
How can Vale grow your career?
- Follow Vale\u2019s Safety Policies, Programs and Legislative Standards.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well with others in a team environment.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Must be obsessed with safety and risk.
- Demonstrate open and transparent dialogue in all aspects of work.
The Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
will allow the right candidate to be accountable for continuously improving the work team (crew) performance through effective use of established processes and procedures at various plants or mines within the Sudbury area. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
Difference Makes All the Difference
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life\u2019s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome \u2013 they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.ApplyDeadline to Apply: August 17, 2022