Challenge yourself with us
Seeking a hardworking and motivated Dump Leach Operator to operate and continuously monitor the Dump Leach Circuits and Tailings Storage Facility while optimising gold production at Telfer.Operations near and far
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is our fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine. While at site Telfer offers a diverse range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and refurbished communal eatery. Who we're looking for
We are currently seeking an easy-going and motivated Dump Leach Operator to operate and continuously monitor the Dump Leach Circuits and Tailings Storage Facility at Telfer. Reporting to the Dump Leach Supervisor, this role will see you maintain safe and environmentally sustainable work environment while optimising gold production.
As an integral member of the Ore Processing Department, you will work closely with Mill Maintenance for the repairs of Tailings pipework as well as Utilities for the maintenance of pipework and pumps.
Other key deliverables include:
- Monitor the tailing storage facility and associated pipework and infrastructure for environmental integrity
- Liaise with Production on the operation of the Booster Pump and accurately complete all log and handover sheets
- Operate the Dump Leach Circuits to optimise circulating load and gold
- Monitor the Dump Leach pipework, earthworks and flows to ensure 100% containment of all solution, and accurately complete of all log and handover sheets
- Monitor the ore stacking on the leach pads and organise the addition of lime
As an ideal candidate, you will be flexible, resilient and will enjoy physical aspects of working outdoors. Utilising your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will promote a team-based culture and exhibit genuine cooperation with other departments to achieve effective working relationships.
You will also ideally have:
- Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment within Mining
- Can do attitude and the willingness to learn on the job
- Manual Class C Driver's Licence and Loader IT ticket essential
This is a permanent full-time role at our Telfer mine site, FIFO from Perth on an 8 days On /6 Off/ 7 nights On/ 7 Off roster. Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes. If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we'd love to hear from you! At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.#LI-KB2