Challenge yourself with us
Our Ore Processing team based at our Telfer site are seeking a safety focused and reliable Process Operator to competently operate and maintain all areas of the Processing Plant. Operations near and far
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is our fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine. While at site Telfer offers a diverse range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and refurbished communal eatery. Who we're looking for
Reporting to the Ore Processing Supervisor, this role will see you maintain a safe work environment, demonstrate good understanding and judgement to troubleshoot plant operating problems.
Other key deliverables of this role include:
- Monitor designated areas of the process plant and accurately record data as required by Production and Metallurgy Departments including all log sheets and downtime / standby time records
- Conduct operational and prestart checks, liaise with other Production Operators and perform all assigned tasks required to ensure optimal operation of the plant
- Carry out all tasks as directed by the Production Supervisor in a timely manner and carry out other cross departmental tasks as required
- Actively participate in shift changeovers ensuring all reporting requirements have been completed along with an effective handover
- Participate in training to gain competence in operating procedures, safety systems and environmental requirement
To succeed in this role, you will be a motivated team player, with a can-do attitude and hands-on experience in a processing plant. You will be respected by your peers for your safety-first approach, ability to problem-solve and make decisions in dynamic situations.
In addition to the above key skills, you will also ideally have:
- C Class Driver's Licence (Essential)
- Demonstrated background in Gold Ore processing ( or similar mineral processing) with experience in crushing, grinding (Sag Mill/ Ball Mill), CIL and Elution (AARL Circuit)
- Experience within Flotation and Pressure Filter (Larox) highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of isolations and isolation identification
- Practical ability in mobile machinery
- High Risk License, Bobcat ticket, Front End Loader ticket, Forklift ticket, Working at Heights, Confined Space Entry ticket, Gas Testing and Apply First Aid (highly desirable)
- Control Room experience highly advantageous
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role at our Telfer mine site, FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on /6 days off, 7 nights on /7 off roster.Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we'd love to hear from you!At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.