At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
First Quantum Minerals is one of the world's biggest mining companies, employing over 20,000 people.
Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation is our flagship operation in Australia. Located on the beautiful south coast of Western Australia, we are just a short commute from the coastal community of Hopetoun. As a major nickel producer and exporter, we aim to ship up to 30,000 tonnes of nickel concentrate each year via Esperance Port.
Working on a 5:2, 4:3 roster this is a residential role and the successful candidate will be provided with company housing and relocation package.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Planner/ Scheduler will play a crucial role in ensuring that the maintenance schedule maintains high level of plant availability and all jobs within it are planned sufficiently to enable efficient maintenance execution.
- Ensure that Safety is incorporated into the procedures and work orders with the execution of maintenance functions
- Carry out the Planning and Scheduling function for plant mechanical and electrical teams
- Coordinating resources, labour, materials and plant access for preventative and emergent maintenance tasks.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Supervisors on a daily basis.
- Liaise daily with the supply , stores, and procurement departments to ensure the timely arrival of materials, spares and equipment to site
- Promote the development of sound engineering and maintenance practices
- Contribute to the review, development and implementation of systems, processes and plans that identify improvements to equipment performance and life cycles.
- Contribute to the preparation of the maintenance operating and capital budget's
- Maintain Equipment history of all major and minor tasks
- Develop and set up maintenance strategies including PM's, BOM's and condition monitoring
- Produce weekly Maintenance Management KPI performance graphs for Information Board and Superintendent.
- Coordinate weekly meeting to discuss tasks, materials, processing plant impacts and general concerns. This will require documented minutes
- Provide relevant and good quality attachments for work packs to the team members which may include but not limited to JHA's, CSRA's, SWI's etc. This includes the updating of any of these documents to ensure they are kept relevant and reflect "best practice"
- Work through project documents and vendor manuals to assist in planning, scoping and scheduling purposes. File/ record for future reference
- Perform any other duties are requested by your supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum 5 years relevant planning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people from diverse technical and workplace backgrounds, particularly production-orientated maintenance and operations personnel
- A Mechanical trade certificate or tertiary qualification
- Strong organisational skills in planning, scheduling and budgeting
- Effective communication skills
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Project, Excel and Word
- Able to work within tight time constraints and deliver on deadline
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.