Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com . To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page .
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
Rainy River Mine
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontarioand have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration. About the Role Schedule:
7/7– 12hour days Position Reports To:
Senior Mine Maintenance Trainer Position Overview
Reporting to the Senior Mine Maintenance Trainer . The role of Trainer is to ensure that all employees receive the knowledge and practical training to be safe and productive on site. Determine training requirements, help with development and maintenance of training material, communicate policies, procedures, programs, etc. within the department. Key Responsibilities
- Deliver individual and classroom training.
- Analyze training needs and provide the necessary training as required.
- Perform training needs analysis by assessing the skill level, performance, and competence of each learner.
- Conduct ongoing training, assessment and certification of equipment, operation, and maintenance.
- Mentor experienced employees who are providing additional coaching.
- Ensure proper training materials are reviewed by all department employees.
- Provide and monitor all employees with follow-up training.
- Help maintain employee files ensuring that are up to date with all training records.
- Ensure all files are complete, consistent with applicable Labour Standards.
- Conduct new hire orientations, and common core programs.
- Audit and review training material regularly.
Why New Gold?
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and with all levels of the organization.
- Organize and prioritize job duties and tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others.
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation Package provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request. Additional Information
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or follow us on LinkedIn .