Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com . To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page .
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
Rainy River Mine
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontarioand have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration. About The Role Schedule:
Shift 14/14 - Fly in/Fly out Position Reports To:
Chief Engineer Position Overview
The successful candidate will be leading a small team of professionals. Primary tasks include, oversight of the drill and blast teams, short range planner, stockpile planner and dispatch EIT. Other tasks will include assisting with budget planning, strategic planning and managing projects for the operations, as well as technical support, coaching and mentoring to the Engineers in Training and Junior engineers to meet short- and long-range planning objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the review and development of drill and blast designs, short range plans, survey drawings and fleet management queries.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and documenting processes for the planning functions.
- Evaluate, design, enforce and implement procedures related to mine planning and operational performance.
- Evaluate costs, engineering, and mine planning data.
- Provide technical direction for the mine related to operations strategy and implementation.
- Review and implement operational plans and design changes.
- Ensure the Mining Operations team is adhering to mine and waste stockpile schedules and designs.
- Review and action improvements to mining operation performance against plans and budget.
- Prepare monthly cost and performance reports and presentations to support planning results.
- Provide technical support where required.
- Oversee the development of Mentor and coach direct reports including survey team, short range planner, dispatch EIT and stockpiles EIT.
Why New Gold?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mine engineering in an open pit environment.
- Must have held P.Eng certification for at least 2 years.
- Strong experience in open pit mine planning, design, scheduling, production, and project management.
- MineSight software skill is a must
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team and leadership skills
- Strong leadership ability is essential
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request. Additional Information
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or follow us on LinkedIn .