With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate all Leading Hand Coal, Operators and employees Mining Crew in the workplace of the removal of overburden / interburden in a safe, effective manner on time and within budget
- Achieve daily targets of machine utilization and ensure that crews are achieving productivity target for their area
- Discuss and assist senior supervisor for the issue from previous shift and to plan next shift
- Ensure all personnel are delivered to their workplace on time
- Do a pre shift inspection of the mining and dumping areas
- Do a weekly walk around inspection of the designated area of responsibility
- Minimum Senior High School grade same experience with minimum 5 years in large open cut mining operation / mining heavy industries
- Understand with the current mine plan and future deployment of equipment within area of responsibility
- Able to operate mining equipments
- You should be able to work under deadlines, be fast paced and mobile, have strong motivation, organize and provide direction to employees, have effective communication, good team work and leadership skill.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.