With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
The Senior Supervisor Mining role will co-ordinate all supervisors in the workplace of the removal of overburden/inter burden and coal in a safe, effective manner on time and within budget in a designated area and Safe for Everyone in workplace Area.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Supervisor crew in team to ensure that the team achieves objectives
- Meet with Superintendent to discuss previous shift & to plan next shift at least one hour prior to start of shift. Including R&R and shift change rosters, check for fast, efficient shift change and make sure it is a complete account of what happened during the shift
- Take disciplinary action if an employee breaches company regulation swift action, especially on safety violations is most important.
- Promote in using PPE correctly and properly in workplace to employee and taken place a disciplinary action for any PPE misuse.
- Ensure the traffic sign is installed on required area proper and correctly. Especially on intersection and when there is a breakdown unit on the road.
- Implementation of standard of safety berm and width of the road.
- Doing fit for work check, reporting and follow up if any fatigue report.
- Socialize JSEAs or procedures to employees and ensure the procedure is understood and the JSEAs communication sign off to those get involved.
- Report if any incident directly to supervisor and to safety as soon as possible.
- Senior High School or Graduate from Tertiary Degree in Mine Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar role experience in large open cut mining operation in Coal of which at least one or two years in production/service supervision
- Comprehensive knowledge in mining equipment.
- Can operate mining equipment's
- Certified in POP
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.