With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role, you will:
- To support the Mining Manager in the day to day operation of the Thiess Melak coal mine
- To Lead and mentoring team members to meet all their targets in Safety OB Production and Coal Production
- Create and empowered and challenging team culture that delivers outstanding performance in HSE&Q and achieves successful project performance.
- Co-ordinate staff to work safely, productively, efficiently, and effectively as an integrated team.
- Provide leadership to employees through proactive management of key employee drivers such as industrial relations issues, absenteeism, motivation, change and performance management.
- Drive acceptance of diversity of culture, religion and ethnic groups.
- Co-ordinate staff to accept change for better result with communicate at all time the project improvement to be applied.
- Comply all applicable health, safety and environmental laws, regulations and statutory obligations at all times - TCI and client requirements are included.
- Responsible for the health and safety of employees and self through education, training, enforcement and demonstration of the right behaviours.
- Ensure Thiess Safety and Environmental Management System are incorporated into the workplace
- provide feedback on problems or areas of improvement
- Minimum qualification in engineering or similar discipline with 10 years in similar role and proven history of making operational improvements that positively impact the project bottom line
- Have an experience with managing a large employee base (more than 500) and have experience in strategic leadership
- Minimum certified in POM (Madya). Utama (POU) will be an advantage
- Master in Time Management, Formal Presentation, Safety Focus, Financial Concept
- Good in negotiation and communication skills are preffered
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.