With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
The Senior Supervisor Mechanic will ensure that the maintenance department goals are achieved, by following the procedures set out in the TGS. In this role you will:
About you What skills and experience do you need?
- Ensure that the Maintenance Department goals are achieved MA>90 %, MTBS>60 hours Zero LTI, by following the procedures which are set up in Company Management System.
- Communication and reporting. Ensure maximum communication levels are maintained between workshop and operations personnel regarding breakdowns safety issues, and prioritizing of equipment repairs.
- Ensure to accurate the completion of daily breakdown report for reviewing by the Senior Supervisor before end of shift every day.
- Analysis of component condition and recommendation of parts required. Ensure that the correct procedures are used when breakdowns and failures troubleshooting.
- Ensure all WOs open status have been compared with current break down equipment to make sure all WOs are controlled and closed if the job has been done.
- Review DOOD (Daily Outstanding Operator Defect), SOS report, mechanical inspection are analysed and reviewed and also ensure it is submitted in daily complete with the part recommendation. Ensure the mechanic raises the list of part recommended accurately to address all backlog, breakdowns and planned maintenance.
- Ensure all break down machine are reported in OCDC, and all information repair description, coding, start and finish have been filled in OCDC correctly.
- Prepare parts equipment and manpower for planned work and shutdown days, Ensure all repairs are carried out in an effective cost and timely manner.
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this is included with the operator abuse.
- Make a safe working environment for all employees by ensuring all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the Company Management System, JSEAs are relevant and all hazards are controlled.
- Ensure that there is no impact for the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the Company Management System are followed.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe and make sure subordinate understand of our objectives and Thiess policies, and address all safety information to crew.
- Ensure all the disciplinary actions are issued as required in accordance with the regulations.
- Minimum Senior High School, Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Trade Specialist is preferred; requires a minimum 8 years' professional experience in similar role as Senior Supervisor Mechanic with relevant qualification in Mechanical & Auto Electrical HE Repair and Plant Supervision in mining industry, planning of daily shut down schedule and breakdown repair; mechanical & auto electrical repair experience in experience in Big Digger unit : Liebherr, Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitachi ; handling diagnostic skill in all aspects of electrical repairs;
- Repair and maintain medium and heavy duty equipment
- Have a certain capacity of communication with supervision and mechanic
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.