Lead a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Superintendent
is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient running of day-to-day maintenance operations, key responsibilities will include:
Roster and Location:
- Ensure the quality of maintenance work, so that reliable plant and equipment is available for project operations
- Building a strong and collaborative work team
- Demonstrate and maintain a high standard of safety leadership
- Drive a high-performance culture in the maintenance team
- Provide leadership and direction to Maintenance Supervisors, ensuring alignment of maintenance objectives with production objectives
- Monday to Friday roster with monthly RDO
- The QCoal Northern Hub is situated in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 100 kilometres south of Bowen and 6km south of Collinsville. It is also situated just one hour from the beautiful Whitsunday coast.
To be successful in this role you will have:
What Thiess can do for you
- Trade Certificate/Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in a mobile mining plant maintenance environment
- Experience supervising a site based maintenance team
- Knowledge of job specific computer programs essential
- Local housing offered and relocation available
- Company paid travel allowance for DIDO employees
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.