With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role, you will:
- Provide drill & blast planning service which guides the mining operation towards the long term & profitability
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly planning to support production target in most cost effective way in safety manner
- Provide daily and monthly report for drill and blast actual production including but not limited to total drill depth, total blasted volume, explosive usage, drill and blast cost
- Control drill and blast activities to avoid any operational issues, e.g. hard digging case, coal losses, mining delay, standby equipment, and blasting permit
- Applicants should have a minimum Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering with 5 years' experience in similar role as engineer drill & blast; hold certificate Blaster Class II;
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and proficient in computer literacy; strong leadership; self-motivated; team player; supportive; innovative, problem solving, think strategically; communicative; and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits
- Proven skills in utilizing Drill and Blast software such as Minescape , Vulcan, Shotplus, Viewshot, etc
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.