With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Provide the competent and professional mine planning functions to ensure the targets set by the project are met on time
- Design a safe and cost effective mine plans and ensure they are issued ahead of time
- Provide the technical mine design, scheduling and monitoring function for the mining operation
- Ensure designs are discussed with mine planning personnel and consensus is reached on the design approach
- Participate, provide input to and discuss the mining plan and any innovations, or issues with technical services and production personnel
- Monitor and control dump areas, haul distance, and equipment productivities; monitor the direction of the mining operation to ensure schedules are being followed and advice on the implications of variances from schedule; provide feedback to the Mine Planning Superintendent and the Engineering group to keep them informed of any changes of sequence required in the pit;
- Prepare appropriate summaries and statistics of equipment (costs, performance, availability, and utilization), material movement, and inventory levels
- Applicants should have a minimum graduated from Bachelor Degree from Mining Engineer or Geology; requires a minimum 3-5 years' professional experience working at a large-scale open cut metalliferous operation
- Experience in metalliferous or underground mining environments
- Proficient in geological modelling, mine planning (Minescape) and other general office software (Microsoft).
- An ability to link technical outcomes to financial results
- Knowledge of mine operation regulatory and legislative requirements
- Strong English communications skills
- POP Certified
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.