is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, supervises, coordinates and controls the safe and efficient operation of an assigned work unit.
- Assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff for assigned work unit
- Implements production plans according to approved schedule
- May participate in the full range of daily operational duties, performing the most difficult
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem areas, and may direct remedial action
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinate staff
- Prepares estimates of the staffing, materials, and equipment requirements for projected work activities
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials
- Approves purchases of materials and equipment, maintains time, materials and equipment use reports
- Requisitions tools, supplies, materials and equipment
- Trains staff in safety procedures
- Maintains safety data sheets for crews
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years of related operational experience, including supervisory or lead experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree in a technical mining related discipline with at least one (1) summer internship experience (or equivalent) working in a mining or industrial environment
- Additional certifications or licensure appropriate to the job may be required
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding equipment, materials, methods and procedures needed to complete projects
- Skilled in budget preparation, monitoring and administration
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- 4 year accredited apprenticeship in the electrical, instrumentation, and process control trades or equivalent
- 7 years' experience in industrial plant maintenance or construction
- Previous experience supervising crews, managing crew safety and scheduling work.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office & Windows
- Experience utilizing PLC systems in industrial process
- Experience with medium voltage power systems
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics utilizing test equipment, drawings, & manufacturer manuals.
- Ability to evaluate risks and drive safe company work practices
- Current NFPA 70E certification
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Electrical, Instrumentation, Mining, Engineering