This position is to support the Manager of Underground Grasberg Block Cave (GBC) Production in developing the GBC Production Department to include Cave Management, Pre-Production, Production, Haulage, and Construction. Additional Responsibilities: Help develop operating procedures and guidelines for setting up the Underground Grasberg Block Cave (GBC) mine production department to include haulage, haulage construction, haulage repair, production mucking to include MineGem, MineStar and Command for Underground. Perform field inspection of all active production areas, to ensure compliance to plans and all relevant safety standards and procedures. Coach and train Production personnel in new technologies, mining methods and practices, and cave optimization, to enhance their capability in performing the assigned task. Manage and develop the department by providing actionable feedback in a timely manner to all subordinates. Review and evaluate the operational dispatch system to provide recommendations and suggestions to support and enhance the efficiency, accuracy and quality. Provide routine and incidental reports to the superior and management for performance review and progress status. Investigate, develop and implement continuous improvement programs that encourage improved productivity, safety and efficiencies. Ensure training programs are developed to provide skilled personnel during production ramp up and continued maintenance of the infrastructure. Ensure records are properly taken and maintained to comply with best practices and DEMR regulations. This position will be reporting directly to the VP of GBC. It will be a mixture of jobs to ensure the cave is mined safely and productively. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent with at least ten (10) years of working experience in a related field, such as a Block Cave Mine, in both technical and operating roles or fifteen (15) years of working experience in a related field, such as a Block Cave Mine, in both technical and operating roles.
- Experience with development, production, and construction in a Block Cave Mine with a similar scale and complexity as PTFI.
- Manage and effectively execute a block cave ramp up.
- Experience working at mine sites located in remote areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with and manage a culturally diversified workforce.
- Ability to achieve production and cost objectives.
- Demonstrable record of managing safe mine operations, with a good knowledge of relevant international mining standards.
- Working knowledge of underground mining and haulage.
- Proficient in MS office suite. Ability to use Deswik package an advantage but not required.
- Previous experience with MineGem, AutoMine, MineStar or Command for Underground an advantage.
- Previous on-the-job technical training experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams to achieve successful outcomes.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and willing to learn Bahasa.
- Copper Overseas Service Company ("COSCO") promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable Company Standards
COSCO has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training; or
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
Benefits : Begin first day of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Relocation assistance/Ex-Pat incentives
COSCO is an equal opportunity employer
Construction, Inspector, Engineer, Engineering, Quality