is the world's leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour's drive apart - separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites - the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
Assist/deliver competency based learning and assessment using already developed materials and tools to a culturally diverse range of learners in either and on job or and off job situation. Contribute as a member of a larger team of educators, at all times demonstrating those behaviors that fully support technical training values, policies and procedures.
- Using already developed and provided learning programs, assist and deliver either on or off the job competency based learning in a field of expertise in order to meet customer development needs and quality standards
- Using already developed and provided assessment tools, assist in assessing participants in the learning programs delivered, either on or off the job in order to meet customer development needs and quality standards
- Follow established learning and assessment schedules in order to ensure that scheduled programs are delivered as planned
- Accurately record and report participant learning and assessment results so that participant records are consistently kept up-to-date and recorded in the company learning management system
- Assist with learning and development requirements as directed
- Provide appropriate technical support and advice in order to assist the Technical Training Department to meet /exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrate abilities that match technical training values, assist, follow and apply Freeport-McMoRan Technical Training policies and procedures in all learning delivered in order to be role model for development program participants
- Demonstrate competence in the principles and application of competency based learning and assist Instructor/Facilitator so that development programs delivered and assessed meet technical training standards
- Understand and assist in competently applying professional accepted principles of adult learning so that maximum opportunity to develop job competence is achieved
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Achieved a level of technical competence to that of an experienced Tradesperson/Journeyman or similar and five (5) years of directly related work experience
- Skill in analytical thinking
- Skill in the delivery and assessment of competency based learning programs using already developed materials and tools
- High School diploma or GED
Benefits & Compensation
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Pay Range
$29.75 - $40.25/Hour
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Electrical, Technical Support, Engineering, Technology