is the world's leading producer of molybdenum and has a long, successful history of doing business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have operated in Colorado for more than 100 years and today have mining and milling operations near Leadville, Kremmling and Empire. Our Climax mine is located between Frisco and Leadville. Our Henderson mine and mill are an hour's drive apart - separated by the Continental Divide and a 15-mile conveyor system (10 miles is underground). The Henderson mine is about 50 miles west of Denver and 10 miles west of Empire, and the mill is located between Dillon and Kremmling.
Climax Molybdenum has the assets, drive and financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers. Take time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at one of our sites - the Climax mine and the Henderson mine and / or mill. Live life at the top!
Skilled workers in the electrical/instrumentation field whose duties include but are not limited to removal, repair and installation of electrical components and basic to intermediate troubleshooting. Employee will work under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
- Safe completion of routine and non-routine repairs and construction
- Performing preventative maintenance, installation and repair of industrial electrical and/or instrumentation equipment (i.e. substations, power distribution systems, switchgear motors, motor controls, systems and components, process controls, instrumentation and pneumatic equipment)
- Assisting with troubleshooting of industrial electrical and/or instrumentation equipment
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business need
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of an approved certified electronics, electrical and/or instrumentation programOR a minimum of two (2) years of experienceOR a combination of education and experience in industrial electrical and/or instrumentation repair and maintenance
- Basic experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and connected equipment
- High School diploma or GED
Benefits & Compensation
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be asked required to life moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety foot wear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment as required
- Working weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as business needs dictate
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
The company provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits package offering health and welfare benefits, paid time off, retirement, and more. These benefits are available to you and your eligible dependents on your first day of employment. Some of your benefits are company paid, and you will pay a portion of other benefits. The company pays the greatest portion of your benefits, passing along only a fraction of the total cost to employees. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Pay Range
$31.75 - $37.80
Rate of pay dependent on competency, experience, qualifications and skills
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Instrumentation, Electrical, Electrician, Mining, Engineering