Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our open-pit mine and concentrator in Voisey’s Bay - Vale’s only fly-in/fly-out operation in Canada - produces nickel-cobalt-copper concentrate and copper concentrate. An underground expansion will see a transition to a leading edge underground mine extending the life of the mine until 2034. Our state-of the-art facility in Long Harbour is the first nickel processing plant in the world to use hydrometallurgy technology to produce Plating RoundsTM from hard rock (sulphide) concentrate, with low carbon footprint compared to traditional smelter technology. Our offices in St. John’s and Goose Bay provide support to the Newfoundland and Labrador Operations.The Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Predictive Maintenance Technician
to join our Utilities Fixed Plant Maintenance Team
at our remote mine site in Voisey’s Bay, Labrador, a fly-in fly-out operation.
This permanent position is based at the Voisey’s Bay mine site in Labrador, a fly-in fly-out operation. This position is on a two week on, two week off rotation.
The Predictive Maintenance Technician works closely with reliability, planning and supervision to work toward zero unplanned downtime using predictive and preventative maintenance skills and techniques.
In this position, you will:
- Influence the stakeholders in the containment and prevention of failures;
- Ensure compliance to Safety, Health, Environment & Quality requirements; \t
- Implement world class predictive maintenance techniques to flag equipment deterioration and prevent unplanned failures;\t
- Increase equipment availability and efficiency;\t
- Use world class reliability principles and tools, develop procedures as required and work to continuously improve maintenance condition monitoring processes, and ensure procedures are followed by all involved parties;\t
- Interpret data including vibration spectrum analysis, infrared imaging, oil analysis, alignment, NDT and perform failure analysis;\t
- Co-ordinate and management 3 rd party PDM specialists;\t
- Be available as a technical resource to assist the maintenance team with troubleshooting of general equipment problems;\t
- Participate in the development and management of a vibration inspection and analysis program in the facility and be responsible for the program success by development of all procedures, tools, and resources used and supervision and development of maintenance trades in involved in its execution;\t
- Develop KPIs to quantify the performance of developed condition monitoring programs and update these KPIs on a continuous basis;\t
- Interface with Maintenance Planning personnel on a regular basis to ensure that PDM procedures and documentation are modified as necessary as a result of additions, deletions or modifications to the plant processes or configuration;\t
- Propose and participate in specialized training or seminars to enhance the overall ability of the department to perform in a sound technical and professional manner and actively participate in personal professional development and the professional development of other personnel;\t
- Maintain all condition monitoring documentation and ensure that all changes in documentation are reflected in the CMMS through liaison with Maintenance Planning.
\tWhat We Offer
- Minimum Vibration Analysis Level II certification.\t\t
- Red Seal in a mechanical trade and/or diploma or demonstrated experience.\t\t
- Other combinations of education and experience would be considered.\t
- Minimum 8-10 years Journeyperson experience.\t\t
- Previous mining or heavy industrial experience is required.\t
- Knowledge & Skills:\t
- Maintenance and reliability of equipment experience in manufacturing/industrial environment.\t\t
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.\t\t
- Flexible and ability to work in a team environment is a must.\t\t
- Customer-focused attitude.\t\t
- Innovation and ability to use initiative.\t\t
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.\t\t
- Ability to schedule, prioritize and manage tasks with minimal supervision.\t\t
- Strong computers skills.\t
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Competitive Salary and Site Premiums.\t
- Opportunity to earn an annual Employee Bonus.\t
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances).\\\t
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, sick, top up for maternity/parental).\t
- Chartered flights within the province.\t
- 24/7 access to a fully stocked cafeteria with balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.\t
- Access to recreational facilities and social activities (cardio/weight room, gymnasium, music room, movie theatre, etc.).\t
- Accommodations are equipped with cable TV, internet, and unlimited long-distance calling.\t
- All Personal Protective Equipment is provided upon hire. Employees are given a safety boot allowance and receive a 100% reimbursement for prescription safety glasses.\t
- Exposure to advanced mining technology and state of the art mechanized underground equipment.\t
- Employee Family Assistance Program.\t
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth.\t
- Opportunities to grow your career in a large global company, and mining industry leader.\t
- Online training and career development opportunities.
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application online at https://vale.eightfold.ai/careers . Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also submit their application to their Vale Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.Deadline to Apply: Thursday, August 18 th , 2022