Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Surveyor: Mining to join their Underground Mining Team at St Ives Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Survey Superintendent, you will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of production and development targets of surface operations through the provision of a comprehensive survey control service that meets internal survey and environmental health and safety standards.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster on a Fly In/ Fly Out basis. A residential option is also available and would require the incumbent to live in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Relocation assistance will be offered to the preferred candidate if required. Benefits include:
About the role:
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- 12% Retention Bonus
- Salary Sacrifice options, Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Enhance the capability of the company to consistently achieve mining production and development targets in alignment with legislative requirements. The incumbent should achieve this by diligently applying and imparting knowledge and skills to less experienced personnel, to deliver a comprehensive survey control service.
- Improve the delivery of service and overall effectiveness of the mining team by providing support and assistance in related areas as directed.
- Contribute to company and statutory compliance obligations through the generation of quality reports through the input of physicals on a regular basis as directed.
- Assist in the goal of ensuring minimal disruption to mining with the timely preparation and distribution of mining related instructions to appropriate mining personnel and business partners.
- Ensure that production and development targets are achieved through accurate survey work by applying due diligence and ensuring the care, calibration and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Ensuring that activities of the survey team are consistently aligned with meeting operational targets by conducting regular inspections and audits of survey work specifically checking compliance of established standards and procedures in relation to legislative requirements.
Applications can be submitted via:
- Have or be working towards an Authorised Mine Surveyors Certificate Grade 1 or 2.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Mine Surveying.
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in mine surveying in underground environments.
- Extensive experience in mine surveying applications preferably Deswik.
- Self-motivated and to be able to work autonomously within a small team environment.
- Valid WA "C " Class Drivers Licence .
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.