Fulltime Permanent Opportunity
- Monday to Friday Roster
- Immediate Start
About the Role:
WorkPac are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer for a fulltime permanent opportunity with an immediate start. This position will hold a Monday to Friday roster based within West Perth with our leading global energy client and would suit an experienced Payroll Officer with prior exposure to offshore projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process the payroll for local and expatriate employees including, receipt of timesheets, leave forms, allowances, deductions and other payroll documentation
- Calculate expatriate taxes to ensure compliance with ATO legislation and avoid overpayment of taxes
- Prepare and distribute employees payslips including but not limited to PAYG calculation, expatriate allowances and superannuation contributions
- Produce and reconcile payroll reports
- Assist employees with payroll administrative matters, such as Superannuation funds
- Monitor and report on leave balances
- Prove payroll reports for HR reporting
- Conduct yearly expatriates cost of living survey
- Maintenance of employee records including Next of Kin contact details
- Participate as required in the Emergency Response Team
- Keeping payroll records
- Checking agency invoices for contract personnel and maintaining records
- Ensure management/ recording of attendances/absences of personnel (overtime, sick leave, holidays)
- Opening and maintaining employees in ADP
- Provide labour cost estimations for bids and other company activities
- Supporting HR/IR Manager with data and documentation for payroll related disputes
- Other HR duties as required by the HR Manager
- Proven skills and experience in a Payroll officer position (5+ years)
- Experience in Offshore Payroll (Mandatory)
- Solid understanding of enterprise bargaining agreements
- High level of competency using ADP ( Desirable )
- Knowledge of labour laws
- Excellent verbal and written communications (in English)
- Very strong attention to detail with the ability to structure thoughts deliberately, logically and directly
- High level of initiative, self-drive and enthusiasm to succeed and progress
- Very good organisational skills, ability to meet deadlines, manage expectations and coordinate priorities
- Strategic thinking mindset
- Current "C Class" Driver's License
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
Job Reference Number: 7469J20221616
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
WorkPac Principal Consultant: Brooklyn on (07) 4969 4747 or email@example.com quoting the above reference number.
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.