- Hourly rate negotiable -
- Immediate Start
- Opportunity to move into a full time/permanent position with the company
About the Client
Involved in various civil and electrical construction projects through South-East Queensland, our client is looking to add a Diesel Fitter/Mechanic to their team. Based out of their Sumner (QLD) workshop, the mechanic will be responsible for various duties, working on their earthmoving plant as well as smaller equipment.
What You Will Be Doing
Commencing on site immediately, your responsibilities will include performing mechanical based duties on various earthmoving plant and small equipment. The plant you will work on include excavators, roller, bobcats and loaders. Core duties will include;
- Preventative maintenance
- Fault finding and resolution
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday (minimum 8 hours a day) and also have the opportunity to move into a full time/permanent position with the client.
What You Will Need
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter / Mechanic
- Experience working on civil earthmoving equipment (Excavators, Rollers, Bobcat, Loader and small plant)
- Ability to head out to site on rare occasions to assist with site repairs and servicing or material deliveries
- Operator tickets would be a significant advantage (Excavator, Roller, Bobcat, Loader - but not essentia l
- White Card & Forklift Ticket - essential
- HR Licence - Essential
- Experience with welding would be an advantage, but not required
- Crane Truck or Dogman ticket also an advantage, not essential
- Ability to complete manual lifting and labouring activities
- Ability to work as part of a closely knit team
- Positive attitude and willingness to progress within the company
Ash - Recruitment Coordinator
Phone - (07) 3715 2 052
Job Reference - BSINDJ2022113945
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site-specific Health and Safety requirements.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
WorkPac is Australia's largest, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.