The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world's largest building materials companies.
The Haul Truck Operator role is based in Jersey Shore, PA
and reports directly to the Plant Manager. WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:Did you like to play with trucks when you were a kid? How would like to drive one in a Quarry?
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Haul Unit Operator
who enjoys operating and maintaining heavy equipment while maximizing productivity. The successful candidate will be responsible for transporting materials from the quarry to stockpiles. CDL License not required as this type of trucking is done on company property.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Operate the haul truck to transport rock products to the plant and stockpiles as directed
- Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and down time
- Operate other mobile plant equipment as needed (ie. Water Truck, Loader)
- Work in all areas of the plant as needed
- Report mechanical or maintenance issues with equipment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years prior haul truck (or other large mobile equipment) experience preferred
- Previous experience in open pit mining operations and aggregate products a plus
- Ability to work different shifts, holidays and/or overtime as required
- MSHA Part 48 training a plus
- Ability to learn stockpile and plant flow
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- Secure, long-term employment
- Competitive wage and benefits package
- Training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- OT available
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace.