WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" with our culture. We invite you to add to it.HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DODid you like to play with trucks when you were a kid? How would like to drive one in a Quarry
? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Night Shift Haul Unit Operator
who enjoys operating and maintaining heavy equipment while maximizing productivity. The successful candidate will be responsible for transporting materials from the quarry to stockpiles. CDL License is not required as this type of trucking is done on company property.
- Operate the haul truck to transport rock products to the plant and stockpiles as directed
- Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and downtime
- Operate other mobile plant equipment as needed (ie. Water Truck, Loader)
- Work in all areas of the plant as needed
- Report mechanical or maintenance issues with equipment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
This position will be based in Indianapolis IN. HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years prior haul truck (or other large mobile equipment) experience preferred
- Previous experience in open pit mining operations and aggregate products a plus
- Ability to work different shifts, holidays, and/or overtime as required
- Ability to learn stockpile and plant flow
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist, and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a starting wage of $27.00 hr. which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug-Free Workplace.