WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" with our culture. We invite you to add to it.HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DODo you pride yourself on the ability to fix anything?
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Mobile Equipment Mechanic
to assist with the maintenance operations at this site. You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges every day to keep the equipment running smoothly and efficiently.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders, loaders, and haul trucks, used in construction and surface mining.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Fuel, Grease and perform other preventive maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Operate individually and within a team environment
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions
This position will be based at the Eagle Quarry in Winchester, Ohio HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance scheduling
- 3-5 years of mechanic experience required
- Valid drivers' license required.
- 5 years of heavy mobile equipment experience
- Experience preferred on a dozer, Cat haul trucks, front-end loaders, mobile cranes, and forklifts
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist, and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- MSHA Part 48 Training a plus
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug-Free Workplace.