Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west. Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world's leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to Design, develop, deliver and assess operational training and m entor and coach operators/ coaches in the delivery and assessment of line led training.
This role will be offered on a Permanent contract basis. Location
This role is based at the Boddington Bauxite Mine
located a short drive from the community of Boddington (10 minutes), Pinjarra (50 minutes) and the City of Mandurah (1 hour). Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, you will live and work in one of the most beautiful regions of Western Australia and still be home each night. Accountabilities
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Utilises knowledge of vocational education processes and technical knowledge to develop and maintain on the job competency frameworks in alignment with national standards for the mine, refinery and port operation.
- Facilitation of shared training as required (example inductions, Clearance to Work, fixed and mobile plant & equipment training and national units of competency)
- Assessment of core and advanced process knowledge assessments in line with legislative requirements
- Coach and mentor operators and coaches in the delivery and assessment of line led training
- Design, develop and validate learning resources and materials and assess training programs
- Enhances risk management awareness, competency and capability through formal and information training coaching and mentoring
- Training experience in Surface Mobile Equipment/heavy machinery is essential
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Highly proficient/ subject matter expert in a minimum of one technical area with relevant qualifications
- Prior experience working within a similar role in a heavy industry environment
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- Vocational Education & Training skills (including knowledge of adult learning principles)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to share knowledge and technical guidance
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices and procedures
- Leadership experience - Previously lead or supervised a training team is desirable
- The ability to work independently is highly desirable
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world's leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care
for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust
and have a desire for excellence
to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina. Please note: This advertisement will close on the 19th August 2022