To maintain a safe workplace by supporting and enforcing company's safety rules, safe work practices, inspect, clean, repair, install wiring and maintain electrical equipment, service lines, substations, and other electrical equipment. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Ability to install, remove, repair, replace, test, analyze, diagnose, advance troubleshoot and optimize:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 120/240V, 480V, 4160V, 7.2KV, 13.8KV electrical power distribution systems and equipment including transformers, substations, switch gear, motor control centers and breakers.
- Protective Relays
- Basic Programable Logic Controller (PLC) units
- Reactive Power Compensation units
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's),
- Substation Breakers
- AC & DC Motors (Including Lubrication and Brush Change Outs)
- Slip Contact Resistors (SCR's)
- Bus Bars
- Conduit and Cable Tray
- Power Distribution systems from substations through to field equipment and facilities.
- Overhead Crane electrical drive and systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Basic AC and DC electrical Theory and Power Factor
- Knowledge of general Motor Specifications
- Knowledge of Komatsu /P&H Centurion programming and Flanders PPDD (Rockwell and ABB) programming.
- Ability to use test equipment and software such as Meg Ohm Meter, Hi-Pot tester, SCR tester, Human Machine Interface (HMI), Distributed Control System (DCS) Ground tester, Data Logger, Oscilloscope.
- Ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, drawings, prints, and schematics for installation, troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to lead and complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Mentor and/or train other electrical department employees.
- Ability to be trained and to operate equipment including but not limited to scissor lift, man-lifts, forklift, boom trucks, and overhead cranes.
- Applicant must have effective written, visual, electronic, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The physical requirements of the position are considered Heavy Work: Exerting up to 80 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme cold, and vibration. May involve work with or near chemicals including but not limited to airbone and/or skin exposure, high noise levels, confined spaces, and heights.
- Ability to wear respirator in conditions of fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs, ramps, and the like with agility.
- Availability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays (shifts may be rotating). Mine Operations are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
- Provide and mantain the minimum personal tools as described by the department tool list or be able to obtain them within 90 days to hire.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum of 4 years in electrical maintenance in heavy industry, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and/or a four-year state approved apprenticeship.
The Hayden Concentrator is located 81 miles southeast of Phoenix and 55 miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping, or just enjoying the view.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair analysis).
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.