Responsible for manual machining of equipment, including : lathes, mills, presses, saws or other machining equipment to produce equipment parts, molds, tools or other machined items in accordance with material design specifications and tolerances. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO USE
- Performs work as directed by a supervisor.
- Reads and understands blueprints and sketches.
- Inspects equipment and determines if repair or replacement is necessary.
- Gathers all required equipment to accomplish job.
- Prepares site for work.
- Repairs, constructs, replaces, and removes materials /performs the work.
- Operates manual machine shop equipment.
- Uses hand tools and follows tooling safety per company and manufacture's guidelines.
- Inspects work and job to ensure proper completion.
- Is expected to clean and inspect work site and properly store tools.
- Performs and maintains all necessary paper work and work orders .
- Make sketches for parts which need machining/fabrication.
- Read and write English.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Electric and air drills
- overhead crane
- welding and cutting equipment
- water/air hoses
- hand tools
- variety of manual lathes and mills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Is expected to know, understand and comply with all SOP's and applicable safety and health requirement's.
- Has the ability to work alone or with a crew.
- Is expected to maintain tools of the trade, equipment work and work areas in a neat orderly, safe and healthful condition.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Availability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays (shifts may be rotating, operations are 24/7/365).
- Ability to work in adverse climate/temperature environment.
- Ability to wear respirator in conditions of fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 4-6 (Four to Six) years related experience and /or equivalent of education and experience and/or a 4 year approved Apprentice Program for Journeyman Machinist.
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of environmental Awareness.
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety & Health awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA and/or MSHA training.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen). ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match. The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the view.