Mobile Equipment Operator is responsible for operating equipment to maintain roads, dumps, tailings storage facilities, and pipeline accesses. The Mobile Equipment Operator is also responsible for completing special projects as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thoroughly inspect and efficiently operate equipment that includes the following:
- Caterpillar D6, D8, D10 and D11 Track Dozers or similar make and model.
- Caterpillar 14, 16 and 24 Motor Graders or similar make and model.
- Caterpillar IT12, IT14, IT28, 924, 966, 988 and 992 Front End Loaders or similar make and model.
- Caterpillar 349, 375, 385 and 390 Track Excavators or similar make and model.
- Caterpillar 446 and 450 Backhoes or similar make and model.
- Perform work as assigned that may include:
- Benching, Low Banking, and Slot Dozing on active slope areas and tailings areas.
- Pushing, Ripping, Cutting, and Filling on active roads and dumps and tailings areas.
- Dragging, Supporting, and Pushing pipe down steep highwalls and tailings areas.
- Blading, Spreading Rock, Grading, and Contouring active haul roads and tailings areas.
- Loading and Casting in various stockpiles.
- Digging, Trenching, Scaling, and Compacting on various projects.
- Any other work assigned by the Supervisor.
- Watering of main haul roads and auxiliary roads as needed to provide dust suppression for the mine
- Watering of shop area and main highway to provide dust suppression and/ or clean area of excessive dirt and debris build-up.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to perform proper pre-operational inspection of equipment identifying defective items that endanger safe operation and efficient performance.
- Ability to demonstrate proper safety system tests during pre-operational inspections.
- Ability to identify hazardous loading situations (boulders, undercut highwall, sticky and conglomerate material) that present hazards while mining and mitigate or communicate to supervision effectively.
- Advanced skill and technique operating mobile equipment.
- Ability to visualize assigned work based on maps and drawings.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments on specific projects.
- Knowledge covering Provision and GPS systems on equipment.
- Ability to build design based on cut/fill stakes in the field
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to teach and mentor.
- Ability to lead and complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Mentor and/or train other employee operators.
- Applicant must have effective written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work, safety related instructions, and procedures given in English.
- Knowledge of modular dispatching panel needed for logging in, delaying, and downing of equipment as needed during operation.
- Ability to identify hazards in driving such as spillage, cracks in haul roads, and berms and avoid them and/or report them to supervision and other employees timely and effectively
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to think under stressful and adverse conditions.
- Must have teamwork, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- The physical requirements of the position are considered Heavy Work: Exerting up to 80 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme cold, vibration, chemicals including but not limited to airborne and/or skin exposure, high noise levels, confined spaces, and heights.
- Availability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays (shifts may be rotating). Mine operations are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year).
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency and be able, under general supervision,
to operate all mobile equipment within the Hayden Slag Milling Department and all associated tasks.
- Must have at least two (2) years of demonstrated experience as a Mobile Equipment Operator
The Hayden Concentrator is located 81 miles southeast of Phoenix and 55 miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping, or just enjoying the view. A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair analysis).
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.