The Project Engineer manages engineering and construction projects in a mining environment, makes technical decisions, ensures safe and compliant execution of projects, and is eager to learn new processes, technologies, and engineering and management skills. Essential Functions
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to develop scope of work, WBS, list of deliverables, main design criteria, project acceptance criteria, project KPI's, and select qualified engineering firms and contractors.
- Manage projects through different phases, conceptualization, feasibility study, engineering, construction, and commissioning.
- Responsible for the safety and environmental compliance on assigned projects.
- Develop projects schedule, define Critical Path, define required resources, and identify project risks and constraints.
- Develop project cost estimate and monthly cash flows, and monitor project progress.
- Implement project controls related to safety and environmental compliance, scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, and communication.
- Prepare project reports and maintain project documents.
- Build and maintain a positive and constructive two-way communication with project stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to ASARCO sites as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Excellent safety record. Lead by example and perform work under minimum supervision.
- Detailed oriented professional with cost conscious attitude.
- Strong engineering background and willing to stay up to date with new engineering concepts and development in the mining and heavy construction industry.
- Awareness of MSHA, OSHA, State, Environmental and Safety regulations.
- Ability to work well as a team member and in demonstrating safety leadership.
- Able to execute and hold self, as well as others, accountable for required results.
- Proficient with Excel, AutoCAD, and MsProject.
- In addition to project management experience, the candidate must have experience in at least two of these categories (Concentrator, Leaching process and industrial construction).
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum three years in Project Management and three years in Engineering.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in Mining, Construction, or Heavy Industry.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair analysis). ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.