Manager, Governance and Support
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Work in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity for exposure to both highly visible projects and cutting-edge technology
- Permanent position based in Brisbane, Australia
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
About the role
We are looking for a Manager, Governance and Support, who will be responsible for services supporting, enabling and governing end to end project delivery. This includes:
- setting (where needed), maintaining and ensure adherence to the standards for end to end Programme & Project life cycles
- tracking & reporting on portfolio through to project status, performance, budget and schedule across all activities undertaken by the PMO and delivery team;
- and to manage project set up, team on-boarding, resource optimization and assurance activities.
Reporting the Manager, PMO and Delivery, APAC East - the Manager, Governance and Support will be working in a collaborative and exciting environment.
As the Manager, Governance and Support you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and foster a culture of collaboration, care, psychological safety and inclusiveness with a commitment to HSE and Rio Tinto's core values
- Accountable for project pipeline reporting, governance and assurance of all projects delivered by the team and ensuring project managers use the applicable standards and guidelines for audit and risk
- Deliver project administration services including purchase requisitions, travel, receipting, resourcing, contractor on-boarding and contract renewals;
- Ensure that project and portfolio reporting is relevant and timely
- Manage project/ portfolio team capacity/ demand and provide Agile Project coaching to teams.
- Oversee project plans, schedules, estimates, performance (cost, schedule, quality), risk/ issue management within allocated projects
What you'll bring:
- Dedication to promoting a positive safety culture
- Great communication, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to operate at all levels of business, different cultures and dispersed delivery teams
- Strong process improvement skills including methods and tools
- Experience in project delivery and leading engaged and successful PMOs (preferably PMO's supporting agile & DevOps type delivery)
- Project and Program management certification & experience would be highly regarded
- Good understanding of the role of a PMO in agile ways of working
- An ownership mindset, genuine care for your teams, a can-do attitude and been comfortable with change
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you have helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidized private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps. Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.