Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Buyer at our Cortez operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the acquisition of materials primarily for medium to high spend and/or medium to high risk, support compliance of NGM policies and procedures, contract, and commercial conditions, and optimize service times for the company and contractor areas .
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. Responsibilities:
- Support the continuous improvement and execution of NGM's purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines in regard to materials, categories, and contracts; accountable for value-added, cost savings, and other performance metrics .
- Support the material contracting needs with the user areas as well as identify and develop suppliers in the market to support commercial and operational needs.
- Acquire materials according to the operations requirements, obtaining the best total cost of ownership, term of execution and quality conditions.
- Interact with operating divisions (internal customers) on regular basis to absolutely understand procurement requirements
- Process and approve purchase orders for material, equipment, and services.
- Provide suggestions to improve transactional practices for activities related to the materials purchasing process.
- Ensure timely and professional service to user departments in the execution of purchase orders.
- Know and comply with the current Mining Safety and Health regulations and Loss Prevention procedures of NGM.
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment and compliance with NGM's Social Responsibility Policy, always showing a socially responsible behavior with the Community and with the Company.
What We Can Offer You
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field preferred
- Three (3) to four (4) years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Mining experience preferred
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio required
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or equivalent enterprise level software packages preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick .
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.