July 22, 2022
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Contracts Administrator.Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individual to fill this role.
Rotation schedule will be two weeks on-site and two weeks off-site.
Reporting to the Contracts Coordinator, the Contracts Administratorwill be accountable for coordination and administration of contracts at the Red Dog Operations in accordance with Teck Alaska Incorporated policies, legal requirements and customer specifications. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Establish and promote a Safe and Healthy-working environment through personal commitment to the principles of the Red Dog Operations Health & Safety Policy and ensure personal compliance
- Operate accordingly under the NANA/Teck operating agreement and follows procedural steps outlined in the Red Dog Contracting Procedures Manual
- Ensure that purchase requisitions issued are complete in every respect and that they accurately describe the services required by the Company; that the legal requirements have been reviewed and all necessary approvals have been acquired; additionally ensure all regulatory requirements have been met
- Initiate contract agreements and ongoing administration of existing agreements
- Negotiate Master Service Agreements, service contracts, developing and maintaining supply agreements with preferred suppliers and managing supplier and service provider relationships
- Negotiate favorable commercial terms and conditions for Teck Alaska, including purchase terms, pricing, warranties and terms of payment.
- Evaluate sources of service to ensure that the suppliers chosen are competent to deliver the proper quality of service at the best possible price in the time required
- Establish reliable business relationships with contractors/suppliers to ensure quick response to Teck Alaska's needs and to keep abreast of new products, services and technologies; conduct interviews with representatives keeping them informed of Teck Alaska procedures and policies
- Prepare bid lists; solicit quotations, evaluation and recommend vendor selection; prior to order placement ensure there are no detrimental aspects with regards to commercial terms, patent infringements, labor agreements, legal requirements
- Provide administration and effective organizational support for operations, major projects and shutdowns to ensure all work meets Teck Alaska’s Commercial and Contractual Terms and Conditions, planning and negotiations requirements
- Maintain understanding of Teck Alaska Operations and specifically have a good general knowledge of the operations processes and the equipment associated with them
- Review and administer contracts and required modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain management approvals
- Lead the contract negotiations and change process with customers; prepare and maintain contract documentation
- Implement and maintain Contractor Service Agreements including such areas as evaluating and reviewing Contractor information, maintaining Contractor Service agreements and lists, and l reviewing of agreements
- Prepare reports on contract negotiations, contract status and contractor evaluation for property and procurement departments
- Maintain a professional manner and comply with the meaning and intent of Teck’s Code of Ethics
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years contracting experience. Preferably in a heavy industrial setting, EPCM or government procurement setting
- Experience in mining or heavy industry environment is preferred
- Strong communication and written skills are required
- Understand legal principles, insurance and contracting language and administrative processes
- Professional Demeanor
- Good Negotiating skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2x2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Compliance, Procurement, Mining, Energy, Legal, Operations