The Teck Digital Systems Program Manager (“PgM”) is primarily responsible for optimally prioritizing, defining, managing, and delivering programs, which are groups of projects, from inception to completion, and ensuring program outcomes are balanced. Programs are pre-defined by various departments within TDS. As such, the PgM will take direction from partners such as Teck TDS Directors and the Project Management Office (“PMO”).
The PgM is encouraged to deliver all assigned programs and projects on time, on budget, on a plan, and with a high level of quality. The PgM will be required to lead and supervise resources that have been assigned ‘dotted line’ to the respective projects as well. Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that a Project Lifecycle (from Initiation to Closure) is implemented in adherence to TDS & PMO policies and frameworks as defined in and in compliance with the TDS PMO standards
- Leading the programs from initiation to closure with a committed goal of delivering on time, on budget, scope complete with a high level of quality and business satisfaction
- Senior partner engagement at Director and VP levels within the function and the Business
- Staff supervision
- Leading all aspects of and managing the team members working on the program and those on the underlying projects
- Recruiting (selecting) or contracting staff to be assigned to the Program(s) (employees or contractors)
- Working with Operations and Departmental managers to request and acquire required resources
- Handling all funds spent in relation to the program(s) includes maintaining an overall current view of the budget, actuals, and forecast numbers
- Providing transparency into program health through published schedules, regular status reporting, and current budget and forecasts
- Handling and detailing any scope changes impacting schedule, budget, or quality
- Running program financials
- Acting as a mediator between program partners and the program team(s)
- Identifying, resolving, and raising any issues and risks as required
- Single point of accountability for executing and delivering the assigned Program Scope.
- Ensuring all projects have been accurately authorized for execution at each stage of the lifecycle including Architectural and Security reviews and approval
- Ensuring execution of all phases of the projects are conducted in a responsible, safe manner ensuring there are no unreasonable risks taken that would jeopardize safety in any way
- Conducting ad-hoc project audits to confirm they are on track with documentation, budget, schedule, and scope to mitigate potential risks to compliance or project success
- Ensuring all controls are in place and effective for corporate SOX and related audits.
- Program Plans, Roadmaps, High-Level estimates, and Resourcing proposals
- Program Board / Steering Committee charters
- Program Dashboards and Metrics, Stakeholder Plans, RACI charts
- Product visions, Azure DevOps Boards, Risk Assessments
- Business Cases, Investment or Funding proposals (Appropriation Requests)
- Closeout reports, Lessons learned
Specific Job Requirements and must have (
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Agile certification (SAFe, PMP certification (preferred),
- PMP certification
- 10+ years in a Project Manager role leading project teams
- Skilled in the use of Program, Project & Portfolio Management tools, and methodologies
- Practical experience handling projects greater than US$5M
- Proven management and team leadership abilities
- Cost Management, Change Management, Risk Management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at both technical and executive level
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset
candidate must submit a self-assessment against the criteria below!).
The Technology and Innovation group is embarking on several initiatives demonstrating the latest developments in Metaverse, Geospatial Solutions, VR/AR, AI, and Digital Twins. A senior project or program manager is required to orchestrate the development of technology solutions, as a proof of concept and/or field trials.
- Rock solid program manager
- Agile Software Development
- Tech-savvy with experience in technologies such as Metaverse, Digital Twins, VR/AR, AI, ML, UX/UI, Geomatics, etc.
- Must have a dynamic personality and adapt to changing priorities in an innovative environment
- Must have experience managing a multitude of niche vendors and well-known consultancy firms.
- Start-Up experience
- Understanding the Mining or Natural Resources business with exposure to Field locations or sites is a bonus
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and the capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information for recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Program Manager, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Manager, Management, Energy, Mining