Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
Purpose of the Role:
The General Foreman - Mobile Mtce Production role is to provide guidance and expertise to the maintenance team while ensuring safety and quality. The General Foreman - Mobile Mtce Production will work closely with other departments to coordinate maintenance plans and activities.
We are seeking an individual for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.
• Implement and manage maintenance plans with a focus on safety and productivity
• Provide technical expertise and monitor performance to ensure maintenance and repair targets are achieved
• Focus on equipment availability and reliability, and manage component improvements
• Maintain required compliance and relevant maintenance documentation for budgeting activities
• Train and mentor the team in new and innovative maintenance strategies and techniques including predictive and preventive best practices
Qualifications & Experience:
• Solid Leadership skills
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar maintenance role in a mining environment
• A diploma in a relevant technical field
• Advanced technical knowledge of mining equipment maintenance and repair
• Experience with maintenance planning programs
• Solid communication and computer skills
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest's commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.