At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
General Role Purpose (brief description of this job)
Reporting into the Superintendent Planning & Reliability, the Supervisor Planning is accountable for the quality execution of maintenance planning including management of the planning team, planning processes and the work schedules for maintenance activities at a large scale, metallurgical processing plant in accordance with the safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
Qualifications (required for job) & Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or related Trade Certificate.
- 10+ years of experience in the maintenance planning and Operations
- Minimum 5 years of leadership/supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in a large, complex base metals processing plant.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance management systems.
- Excellent leadership, motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyse and understand equipment requirements.
- Strong understanding of maintenance process improvement and control strategies.
- Sound knowledge of Supervision, asset care, optimization and hazard control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to provide clear and accurate operational directions to team.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards or other enterprise systems
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Core Specific Responsibilities & Expected Deliverables
- Operate within and observe all relevant and applicable laws of Panama.
- Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures.
- Assist to create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Oversee and employ best practice maintenance techniques and procedures for the Planning department processes.
- Create and implement an annual maintenance schedule of activities, including daily, weekly, monthly and programmed annual shutdowns and planned equipment component replacement.
- Execute planning processes to identify and improve the maintenance team\u00b4s delivery of timely quality service with a focus on efficiency and cost control
- Undertake daily corrective actions through formal workplace inspections.
- Lead the planning team and ensure that all plant preventive and predictive maintenance plans are in accordance with the needs of the operation that activities are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure that necessary parts for maintenance activities are available when required through close liaison with the procurement team.
- Ensure update of the database of maintenance activities for all work performed.
- Provide reports on maintenance activities and planned downtime.
- Develop methods, materials, tools and parts so downtime is minimal.
- Provide technical and supervisory support for the planners on a daily basis to maximize production efficiencies and optimize costs.
- Review and report to Superintendent Planning & Reliability on plant design deficiencies, and equipment performance constantly seek efficiency/operability improvements.
- Provide input to the development of the annual maintenance budget and capital expenditure requests.
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that planning manning requirements are met. Participate in interviewing, hiring, training and development in an effort to retain and develop the best talent for the organization.
- Manage performance by setting expectations, conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching to achieve business plans and production goals.
- Identify training opportunities that will provide depth and versatility for employees in the team.
- Coach and mentor subordinate staff through skills transfer.
- Promote a positive employee environment ensuring a solid working relationship with the team.
- Ensure excellent communication lines with peer Supervisors, Superintendents and Process Department personnel to ensure all machinery/equipment maintenance is planned and executed according to supplier recommendation and industry best practice ready to meet demand.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Behavioural Traits / Personal Characteristics
- Bolder: Flexible, versatile, and prepared to take on challenges as needed.
- Smarter: always looks for efficiencies and better ways of doing things
- Driven: Sets high standards, is motivated and determined.
- Together: communicates well with peers and understand others views.
Cobre Panama is a remote site. This exciting position is based on-site and will be focusing on driving and delivering operational accountability and ownership across various units at Cobre Panama site. Rosters and working hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Comply with current environmental regulations in Panama
- Comply with the commitments contained in the Environmental Impact Studies and other additional studies in this regard, which apply to your area and activities.
- Comply with the provisions of the Minera Panama Environmental Management System.
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.