At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations. Job description:
First Quantum Minerals is one of the world's biggest mining companies, employing over 20,000 people.
Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation is our flagship operation in Australia. Located on the beautiful south coast of Western Australia, we're just 20 minutes from the coastal community of Hopetoun. As a major nickel producer and exporter, we aim to ship up to 30,000 tonnes of nickel concentrate each year via Esperance Port.
The position of Maintenance Supervisor is to maximise plant operation availability by the operational integrity of the plant and equipment in order to achieve production targets in accordance with the RNO maintenance strategy.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the delivery of the highest quality services including preventive maintenance, corrective, emergency and refurbishment work across the non process infrastructure.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Excellent work life balance roster: FIFO 8/6
- Attractive remuneration package
- A professional and supportive work environment
- Longevity in employment
- Direct leadership of Maintenance Work Team
- Promote the development of sound engineering and maintenance practices
- Ensure a structured Maintenance System is understood and complied with by the work team. This includes overseeing compliance to the Weekly Maintenance Plan and providing feedback daily on issues that prevent the daily plan being executed effectively.
- Review planned maintenance schedules to ensure all required activities are captured and the correct resources and spare parts are available.
- Maintain open communication with the team managing the camp and town housing, providing feedback and achieving maintenance goals.
- Dedicated commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibilities
- Ensure that all safety incidents and hazards are correctly documented and followed up in the required timeframes and of good quality.
- Building and maintaining a positive, productive team culture that promotes a team of high achieving skilled personnel.
- Identification of potential hazards and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Communicate regularly with Maintenance Superintendent to ensure maintenance schedules and issues can be addressed and equipment is correctly isolated for maintenance when required.
- Promote compliance of all work team members with their compliance to Work Order attached documents, JHA's, CSRA's, SWI's etc. This includes the updating of any of these documents to ensure they are kept relevant and reflect "best practice" and be disciplined in correcting non-conformance.
- Actively lead by example and contribute to improvements in safety culture and processes to ensure ongoing, practical improvements in safe work practices.
- Ensure all personnel are trained to the required competency level and all training records are kept with the responsible department
- Ensure respective roster is effectively managed to ensure adequate personnel are available to carry out the required work, this includes the effective communication of this roster to the work team
- Hold your people accountable for any underperforming performances, breaches and non-compliance issues as they arise.
- Review on a regular basis sick leave within the work team to identify patterns of behaviour and compliance to the RNO leave requirements.
- Complete thorough investigations as required
- Compliance and understanding of the mining act and regulations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A Trade qualification with a minimum of 10 years' experience in the relevant industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in leading teams of trades across varied work fronts.
- Proven experience in maintenance of non-process infrastructure such as water treatment, camp accommodation and town housing.
- Completion of Section 44 ( Appointed Persons)
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Understanding and the ability to operate Pronto at the Supervisor Level
- Ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical drawings
- Hands on and able to assist Mechanical Technicians when needed
- Ability to work with others and achieve objectives
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Results driven, attributing to achieving leading indicator and work management KPI's
- Time management and ensuring quality service
- Good verbal and communication skills
If are are an experienced, and highly motivated Maintenance Supervisor seeking a new challenge with long term employment we encourage you to apply now!
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at www.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at https://www.linkedin.com/company/firstquantumminerals/
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.