Overview / Responsibilities
Wood services multiple markets including Infrastructure, Power Solutions and Mining & Minerals. Wood performs consulting and EPCM services for many local and worldwide companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer-in-Training
to join our Mining & Minerals
business in our Vancouver, BC office. We offer a broad range of professional development and career growth opportunities and are committed to helping our staff achieve their potential. If you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong technical fundamentals, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide Structural Engineering design for mining and mineral processing projects throughout North America and abroad
- Contribute to the preparation of technical specifications and engineering input to material, construction and commissioning packages.
- Material quantity take-offs
- Provide engineering technical support to the field during construction, including responding to RFIs from construction contractor, issuing Site Instructions and performing field reviews
- Support the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Establish good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Graduate or Undergraduate Structural Engineering degree (graduated in 2021 or 2022), with the ability to register with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions and openness to alternative solutions.
- Willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short-term basis
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
- Current authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.