Requisition ID:77013Job Category:
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining , energy , and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff , with experience in over 150 countries , to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
If it isn't grown, it's mined. Our mining and metals teams help our clients to safely and sustainably mine the minerals and metals used in our everyday lives. Want to play a part of innovating and optimizing the mining life cycle on greenfield and brownfield facilities? Apply today! Mineral Processing Consultant
An exciting position has become available for a Mineral Processing Consultant to join the Hatch Metals Business in the Mineral Processing discipline, based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Become part of a Tier 1 global engineering team of innovative and trusted professionals who provide process engineering input within a Consulting Engineering Environment.
The Mineral Processing Consultant will be part of an engineering team providing engineering services and/or field support. The role will require the engineer to develop solutions in all areas of the process plant across various mineral commodities, process systems, unit operations and process equipment. Specific tasks include the development of process engineering deliverables; solutions to infield problems; and supervision in the execution and field commissioning of these solutions.
This position has the opportunity for future leadership role as part of our ongoing succession planning. Qualifications and Experience
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Mineral Processing Engineering degree, or equivalent, with 15 to 25 years of Operations projects and Consulting experience.
- Strong Operations and Engineering Design background in Copper, Gold, Nickel, PMGs, and/or other Base Metals and Industrial Minerals industries.
- A proven and extensive history of project design from concept through to commissioning and ramp up, in a minerals processing environment.
- Experience in scoping and management of metallurgical test work programs (benchscale, pilot scale, on-site testing).
- Experience in modelling of minerals processing equipment and systems (SysCAD, JK products, Bruno, IDEAS, METSIM, etc). Either self or mentoring of others.
- Strong client focus and demonstration of senior level communications with long term relationships.
- Demonstration of leading processing engineering tasks on a study or project, within the allocated budget and schedule.
- Strong desire and demonstrated personal value to provide mentoring and guidance of junior colleagues and professional interaction with other project disciplines.
- A people leader that helps develop, improve, and demonstrate the Hatch Manifesto and safety culture.
- A strong background in Comminution circuit design and debottlenecking is preferred.
- Perform process engineering tasks on Minerals Processing projects, in a variety of commodities. When requested, act as Lead Process Engineer on projects and studies.
- Perform active and frequent client engagement activities including personal corporate visits, site visits, and bid walkdown requirements.
- Represent Mineral Processing in the North America region and globally with ongoing client engagements and RFP bid development.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Operate with full competence and independence in the execution of all design calculations, design criteria, in the compilation and execution of equipment lists and calculations. Develop new criteria/calculations where required, maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Provide mentoring and coach staff and self on Hatch deliverable quality requirements.
- Provide frequent training, guidance and supervision to junior colleagues.
- Define the process scope, technology selection, process design criteria, process block flow diagrams, and unit operations for studies and projects.
- Compilation of Process Flow Diagrams, along with associated mass and energy balance calculations.
- Prepare specifications of process attributes for equipment, through compilation of process datasheets (or process input to general datasheets) and support technical bid evaluations.
- Design and support of the process control logic development, including P&ID development, based on equipment knowledge and required process safety standards.
- Liaising with other discipline engineers to ensure design development conforms to process requirements and value or performance are not compromised.
- Contribute to hazard studies including risk reviews, HAZANs, and HAZOPs.
- Compile operating cost estimates including estimation of consumables, labor, maintenance materials and energy inputs.
- Compile or provide input to capital and sustaining capital cost estimates.
- Conduct capacity analysis for existing plants.
- Prepare written project reports.
- Write and present papers in relevant discipline conferences.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active, shows initiative and leadership
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and keep in balance multiple priorities / demands
- Ability to interact with clients / senior management
- Technical writing skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Displays quality as a personal value in their work
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Metallurgy, Consultant, Consulting, Engineering, Mining, Manufacturing, Contract