Principal Metallurgist - Vancouver, BC, Canada
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Principal Metallurgist.
Description of Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will consult on projects for North American and international clients.Assignments will include operational reviews and advice, engineering studies (scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility, implementation of best practices, and due diligence/independent reporting projects. Prior consulting experience is preferred and preference will be given to candidates residing in North America.
- A first degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering;
- Registered professional status or eligibility for registration in a professional organization;
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in process design or optimisation in an operational and/or consulting environment;
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more areas with experience with a variety of metals;
- Operational experience in either hydrometallurgical or pyrometallurgical processing;
- Proven technical report writing skills for a range of readership levels; and
- Ability to independently generate, implement and complete work assignments in a dynamic environment.
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects both nationally and overseas; international travel may form a significant part of the role.
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.