is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Performs duties related to the operation of haul trucks to transport materials from loading areas to processing areas.
- Responsible for performing inspections to maximize equipment and tire life and executes assignments from computerized dispatch system and/or two-way radio
- Receives training, mentoring, and feedback from other operators, supervisors, and equipment trainers
- Responsible for understanding changes to assigned work areas and any potential hazards
- Responsible for knowing the following procedures: start-up and shut-down, fueling, fire, runaway, emergency, and accident
- Responsible for having knowledge of payload measurement system, over speed alarm, dispatch codes, shovel and truck horn signals, secondary brake, and park brake
- Responsible for the safe performance of the following tasks: spotting at shovel, loading, transporting material, dumping on stockpiles, and dumping at crusher
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures and applicable safety standards
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Employee may be required to work in environments that may include exposure to extreme temperatures, humidity, dust, noise, fumes, and gasses
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on uneven work surfaces and work on elevated platforms
- Frequently may be required to lift up to 50 pounds during the course of the work day
- May be required to work a non-standard schedule which may include shift work (other than day shift) in a 24/7/365 operation
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Safford Job Segment:
Delivery, Driver, Retail