Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today. About the role
The Mining Supervisors manage earth-moving operational mine plan objectives during the shift for mobile plant in the surface mine excavation.
In this role, you will;
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and practices and conduct daily safety reviews.
- Coordinate load and haul activities of all pit on a daily basis in relation to mine plans by prioritising resources, machinery and people
- Solve daily and weekly technical and resource logistical problems.
- Coordinate mine and development activities according to daily mine plans.
- Manage and coordinate the pit team's activities by setting performance objectives.
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of the all load and haul, production and mine development activities
What Thiess can do for you
- 3 + years experience in a similar role within open pit hard rock mining
- Extensive practical knowledge and experience in mining operations.
- Proven and effective people management skills
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate labour, equipment and materials
- Effective problem solving skills
- Able to act as a strong and positive example to the work force
- Mature and professional approach to all matters
- Current drivers license
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers ticket is desirable
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options - Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program - earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.